I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Garden Anticipation


Hello sweet friends,
I'm busy preparing for a yard sale next weekend and preparing our taxes for the accountant. Two crazy awful jobs, but I do have the wonderful, delightful job of preparing for my spring garden.  I was shopping at Walmart and found some seeds and bare root roses. The 1st of March I plan to be playing in my garden and greenhouse Go Here.
I picked my daffodils from the garden because I was afraid they would be blown to bits if we have another storm.  I think I will plant more yellow daffodils this fall. I purchased a hundred mixed bulbs in the fall of 2013 so it's time to plant another hundred or so. I buy the bulbs from 'White Flower Farm' and they are a fabulous bargain. 
I have a variety of annuals and perennial seeds to start. 
I also have a new pair of garden gloves and pruning shears I received as a Christmas gift. The glass jars have some seeds I harvested from my hollyhocks and foxgloves last year. I need to get them in the 36 cell seed starter soon. 
My straw hat with a little yellow ribbon is ready for me to wear out in the garden. I put everything together on my table to take out to the greenhouse and it turned into a tablescape or vignette.  Don't you love it when there is a photo moment in everything we do. Oh my goodness I even have my work boots 
waiting for me.
 
The little wooden handled box is perfect to carry my goodies to the greenhouse.
I have some seed starter mix and some white peonies and new dutch iris tiger eyes to plant. Cherish and Patchwork are my new bare root roses. I have a rose bucket list and I'm waiting until the rose bushes in the pots are available and I would like to buy Hot Cocoa and another David Austin The Squire
I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up this box of zinnias. 
Daffodils from my garden in the watering can. I have the February Garden Journal post to write tomorrow and you will have a better look at the garden before it's in full bloom. The Rose society says my garden has "good bones" and I'm very proud of having good bones. LOL.
A little recap: 
We are having some blue bird weather here in California this week, but we will be getting more stormy weather in a few weeks. Winter isn't over for another six weeks. Well, I must get busy and take care of business. 
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to: 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
A delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style 
The ROSEGARDEN for Showoff Saturday
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
You might also like:

10 comments:

  1. Daffodils are so beautiful :) Especially in mass planting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my garden winter means snow and thick ice everywhere so I am still waiting for the daffodils to show themselves. But the seeds are beginning to grow inside in their pots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely photos. The daffodils are so beautiful! We have got snow here tonight.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils are so pretty, they say spring to me.. Even though we have snow on the ground, I can wish! You look like you are ready to start working on your garden, have fun! Enjoy the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see all your gardening bulbs and seeds as you're preparing to get into the garden.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love daffodils. Ours are about to burst open, always exciting as Spring is close!
    Very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the daffodils...the unique vignette, Betty.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty your garden table is lovely and the daffs perfect to start the garden planting....it will be at least another month here probably more before any gardening takes place....enjoy the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say that you have your work cut out for you. Our garden is still under snow. March 15 we plan to plant potatoes and garlic. Daffodils have not even broken through the ground yet, but soon. The early tulips will soon bloom. Looking forward to seeing the results of all of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I am longing to get back outside and do a little gardening! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...